Vacancy | Digital Assistant
29 March 2022
Gloucestershire Cricket is recruiting a Digital Assistant to support the commercial team on a fixed term contract for the 2022 season.
Job Title: Digital Assistant
Reporting to: Commercial & Marketing Director
Location: Seat Unique Stadium, Nevil Road, Bristol
Term: Fixed term contract, full time for 4 months (from April to July 2022)
Date: March 2022
Salary: £18,500 pro-rata
Purpose of the Role:
Deliver great content for all of Gloucestershire Cricket’s digital channels. The role entails three key aspects: content creation on Adobe platforms, content distribution on website, digital channels and mobile app via the CMS and assistance with the matchday live stream production.
Working closely with external agencies, and our commercial team, you will assist with the production of content for Gloucestershire Cricket, which drives website traffic, brand engagement and conversions in line with departmental targets. You will also be crucial in the production and distribution of the matchday livestream.
- Create varied content for publication across Gloucestershire Cricket channels.
- Film and edit video content of behind the scenes, on-field and promotional footage to engage fans and encourage ticket sales, retail sales etc.
- Design and edit artwork for the purpose of promotion of player announcements, sponsorship deals, offers etc.
- Incorporate the Gloucestershire Cricket brand in all areas, adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Assist the Communications Officer to help provide written or digital content on subjects such as player news and features and other off-field Club activities.
- Day-to-day publication on owned channels
- Part of the team that provides a rapid response and support in case of breaking news and statements.
- Helping to deliver matchday coverage across owned channels, giving fans the best access on and off the field.
- Ensure all digital activity is completed accurately and on time.
- Distribute content across all fan screens, including Gloscricket.co.uk, the Glos Cricket App, in-ground screens, and in-bowl screens.
- Consider opportunities for integration of Gloucestershire Cricket’s partners into digital content or functionality.
- Proactively research and drive new thinking in audience engagement via digital and mobile platforms, including the presentation of website and mobile content.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The post holder will have:
- Some experience working on a content management system (CMS).
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge of cricket.
- Excellent knowledge of the social media landscape
- Basic knowledge of web development and mobile applications.
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for design and layout.
- Ability to edit on Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and YouTube Creator Studio.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure (but supportive) environment against tight deadlines.
- Creative – The ability to tell a story through the lens of written, video and photographic content
- Credible - Considered and nuanced communicator; acts as a role model for the Gloucestershire Cricket values.
- Challenges – innovates and holds themselves to high standards.
- Ownership – takes accountability for both successes and failures; keen to learn and develop and always striving for improvement.
- Collaboration – Builds relationships with ease, securing the trust of those inside and outside the Club
This Job Description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of areas of major activity and will be amended in the light of changing circumstances at GCCC.
Throughout the short selection process, we would be expecting you to demonstrate how you ‘live’ the Club’s values, which are: Enjoyment; Teamwork; Challenge and Innovation; Inspire; and Commitment to Excellence
The Club would welcome applications from a digitally-savvy person looking to have a career in digital sports communications. With the Club requiring someone in post as soon as possible, you’ll need to be able to start very soon, and able to commit yourself to the Club for a four-month period, until the end of July. The Club will review the position with a view to extending (or not) in good time, to allow the successful candidate the ability to look for their next opportunity.
It is important that the successful candidate has the skills to communicate effectively both within the organisation and externally through our digital channels. In return you’ll get support from a great team, be given development opportunities and get to experience the awesome nature of working for Gloucestershire Cricket during a busy season. The ability to cover all match days is essential, but you would be encouraged to take your lieu days and holiday throughout the season.
As an equal opportunities employer, Gloucestershire County Cricket Club Ltd is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
Please send your CV, together with a Covering Letter, to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5PM on monday 4th April 2022
Hunter Selection continues as T20 front of shirt sponsor for 2022
20 May 2022
One Night of Neil & An Evening of Queen in Cheltenham
19 May 2022
Gloucestershire XI to face WEPL XI in T20 warm-up at...
17 May 2022
Gloucestershire great Andrew Symonds has died at the...
15 May 2022
Somerset cruise to victory in three days v Glos
14 May 2022