T20 Festival Visitor Information | Glos v Surrey
14 July 2021
We look forward to welcoming members and supporters to the Vitality Blast match between Gloucestershire and Surrey at the Visit Cayman Islands Cheltenham Cricket Festival on Friday 16 July.
Gates open at 12:30pm, Match begins at 2:30pm.
Pre-Match Day Information
Where can I find out about all of the match day and COVID information?
- Before match day, we’d really appreciate it if you read all of the information that is sent to you with your e-ticket.
- It is vital that you have read the match information you are provided.
- Additional information will be sent directly from the Club’s email communications ahead of match day.
On The Day
- On the game day itself, please make sure you arrive in good time. Your patience is much appreciated. Entry and exit to the ground will take time and bag searches will be conducted, so please bear with us and ensure you give yourself time.
- Gates will be open from 12:30pm
- At the gates, we have NHS Test & Trace QR codes in place. Please can you ensure that you have scanned yourself in.
- Please enter the ground at the gate designated on your ticket. And don’t forget to bring your mobile or tablet device which will display your e-ticket. If you are printing your ticket at home from our PDF, please ensure that you bring that with you. You will need your e-ticket or print at home ticket with you.
- If you are a Member, you will need both your Membership card and your e-ticket/print at home ticket.
- To comply with regulations in place for sports events, please ensure that you wear your mask at all times when moving around the ground, unless you’re eating or drinking or have an exemption..
- Please read our COVID Etiquette here
We Are Now Cashless
In common with many others and to provide a safer and cleaner environment, the Visit Cayman Islands Cheltenham Cricket Festival is now cashless, so please make sure you come prepared with your debit or credit card should you want to purchase refreshments or visit the shop.
For the T20 Blast match against Surrey on Friday 16 July, parking options at the College Lawn car park (Festival Gate Entrance) will be reduced with parking only available on the top half of the car park. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Availability will only be allowed on a first-come first-served basis to the following groups:
Gloucestershire Cricket car park pass holders, Premier Club Members, Hospitality Guests and Blue Badge Holders.
Reeves Field car park will be available for all permit holders should there be no space left at the Festival Gate Entrance.
If you are not a permit holder with Gloucestershire Cricket, car-parking can be purchased on a daily basis for £10.00 at Reeves Field (follow Yellow Road Signs). Parking is offered on a first come, first served basis and cannot be guaranteed.
Both the College Lawn car park & Reeves Field car park are open from 09:00am.
Food & Drink
Concessions will be available at the the Chapel Gate Entrance side of the Ground. The Pig and Pallet will be available for sit-down lunches during the course of the festival. Make sure you try out our fantastic catering options at the Festival.
- No Alcohol is permitted to any one day matches.
- We have additional food stalls around the ground and a fantastic selection of drinks as provided by our partners at Bath Ales and St. Austell.
- The College will also be offering delicious takeaway options from their unique location in the College dining hall.
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available at our catering outlets
- Ice Cream vans are also on site today
- Please remember that all catering units are cashless
- If you are queuing for food and beverage at the ground, please ensure that you are wearing a mask at all times.
Visit Cayman Islands – Our Festival headline sponsor have a stall in place selling Caribbean style food and drinks. Make sure you head over and try out the unique food and drink offering.
Richmond Villages - Information on the Luxury Retirement Villages & Care Homes on offer with Richmond Villages. Supporters have the opportunity to win a Fortnum and Mason hamper during the course of the Festival.
Steel Band Music | Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands steel band will be playing music 30 minutes before start of play, 15 minutes during the interval and 20 minutes at the end of play.
The postcode for the festival is GL53 7AB
Train - Cheltenham Spa Station is located approximately 1 mile from the ground. Contact 08457 484950 or click here to plan your journey.
Bus - from Cheltenham Town Centre the bus is the F to Leckhampton, or 51 to Cirencester and Swindon (both operated by Stagecoach in Cheltenham). Both routes pass close to Cheltenham College on the hospital side.
51 leaves from the Promenade (hourly), the F leaves from Clarence Street (half hourly).
NHS 99 service from Arle Court Park and Ride operated by Pulhams Coaches, stops outside the hospital (A+E) - just across the road from the College. It too runs half hourly. Care needed to get on the bus which is going to Cheltenham General Hospital and not Gloucester Royal Hospital. Both buses leave Arle Court at the more or less the same time!
Car - From North and West: from M5 junction 11 take A40 (east) towards Cheltenham, continue on A40 (Gloucester Road then Lansdown Road), at Island Filling Station turn right on to Andover Road. Go over traffic lights into Suffolk Road. Go over traffic lights into Thirlestaine Road.
From South: from Cirencester (A435) continue to junction with A40, turn left on to A40 and continue on this road to Cheltenham College.
From East: follow A40 towards Cheltenham town centre, the College is on this road.
Please take a look at our Ground Map below - you can download the ground map here
Scorecards will not be available in ground on match days. The Club have made a conscious choice, for environmental sustainability reasons, to print as little as it possibly can going forward. Make sure you keep up to date with all the latest information from Cheltenham with our new App and online Match Centre.
Please download our free to use scorecard here
- The Club has installed sanitisation stations around the ground.
- Stewards will ask spectators to comply to the COVID Etiquette enforced by the Club.
- We very much appreciate your patience during this period, as it is important that spectators leave as they arrived – in a socially distanced manner.
- In order to ensure a safe and clean environment, please note that our cleaners will be operating around the ground during the match.
- Please ensure you bring waterproof clothing along with an umbrella should there be adverse weather on match days. The Club Shop located on the Chapel Entrance side of the ground will be selling umbrellas, should they be required!
- No sharp objects are allowed to be brought into te College Grounds.
Please feel free to contact the Club with any feedback, or questions via email firstname.lastname@example.org
All these guidelines are here for the safety of everyone, and they are applicable to everyone, regardless of whether you have received a vaccination or previously had COVID.
Gloucestershire Cricket wants to ensure that everyone is looked after, and that Members and supporters follow the instructions for match days.
Stay safe and enjoy the cricket.