Welcome to the Local Residents page of our website. Please see the noticeboard below for information relating to our activities which may impact local residents.
CG2 Resident Meeting Minutes
There are currently no minutes available. Minutes of the next meeting will appear here.
Dates of Facility Closures for Safety Reasons
There will be no access through the ground between 3pm and 5:30pm on Wednesday 29 November.
News of Interest
Kit Drop & Swap
A huge thank you to all residents who donated unwanted sports equipment to our Kit Drop & Swap event 2023. The Swap event was a huge success as many items found their way to grateful new homes.
Changes sought to existing license
Below is a summary of the main changes to our licencing application.
Please be aware that the hours are unchanged from the existing license.
The main aim is to consolidate licensing for cricket and non-cricket events, such as conferences, private events, fireworks (excluding concerts).
The main changes requested are as follows:
- to accommodate the creation of an external terrace area at first floor level of the pavilion building with a small external bar
- to extend the currently permitted external recorded music to allow recorded music incidental to a cricket match, recorded music to accompany the annual firework display, and to permit recorded music to accompany drone displays - drone displays will take place no more than 8 days per year.
- to permit limited external live music on no more than 10 occasions a year as an integral part of cricket matches. Such live music would be limited to two hours on each occasion and take place no later than 7:00 PM.
To remove conditions three and four from Annex 3 of the current license which read:
- External sales of alcohol shall only be permitted as ancillary to cricket matches. These sales may only be made either:
- from within fixed structures shown on plan and or by way of mobile vendors.
- No licensable activities shall be carried out from any marquee or tents or similar covered temporary structure.
- Use of marquees and other temp structures are currently managed through individual applications for temporary event notices.
More information is available from the council website: www.bristol.gov.uk
Please direct any queries or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 fixtures: Gloucestershire’s season in full
Gloucestershire will kick the season off with a block of seven County Championship fixtures, starting with a trip to face Derbyshire on the opening weekend of the season on Friday 5th April. Gloucestershire’s first home match will be on Friday 12th April when Yorkshire are the visitors.
Gloucestershire’s T20 Vitality Blast season will begin on Thursday 30th May with a home fixture against 2023 finalists Essex Eagles. After four home T20 matches in Bristol in May and June, T20 cricket will return to the Towergate Cheltenham Cricket Festival in July 2024 for the first time since 2021. In what promises to be a thrilling festival of cricket for 2024, Shire will face off against Kent Spitfires, Glamorgan and Middlesex in the Vitality Blast at the stunning Cheltenham College Grounds.
Dates of Interest
Evolution Drone Light Show - Tuesday 19, Wednesday 20 & Thursday 21 December
In the run up to Christmas we will be hosting a spectacular Drone Light Show with light and sound.
There will be 2 shows taking place on the Thursday 21st December with gates opening from 3pm. The scheduled finish time for the second show will be 9pm.
The light shows themselves will last up to 20 minutes and will combine a mid-air display with light and sound. The drones do not contain any camera or recording equipment and will remain within the bounds of the ground at all times.
There will be no parking available on site on that date.
Tickets are available for this event now and can be purchased by clicking the button below.
Have a query or concern?
If you have any queries regarding these events please contact email@example.com
Join our local residents mailing list!
Sign-up now to receive local residents updates in relation to Gloucestershire County Cricket Club.
Please complete your details above and click submit.