Gloucestershire Cricket seeks to reach beyond the boundaries of cricket to be a central and representative pillar within our communities.
Gloucestershire Cricket strives to embed itself in every aspect of the local community and provide people of all ages, gender, race and religion with inclusive opportunities to experience the power of sport. Sitting at the heart of Gloucestershire’s strategy is a desire to develop and deliver programmes that are not only reflective of our community needs, but that also express the Club’s passion for making a difference to people’s lives.
As a Club Gloucestershire wants to have a positive impact on those that surround it by providing consistent experiences that ultimately inspire future engagement with cricket. We believe the game of cricket is for all and therefore should be accessible to as many people as possible, at all levels, from all backgrounds.
Gloucestershire Cricket’s current Community objectives include:
- Connecting cricket fans and players with their representative elite teams.
- To collaborate effectively, providing exciting opportunities to be involved in the game of cricket.
- To strengthen our existing work with charitable organisations, improving social impact.
- To champion causes in Gloucestershire that improve people’s wellbeing by further developing a social inclusion programme that can enhance people’s lives.
- To continue to educate our community about the importance of inclusion and diversity in all walks of life.
- To align with the club’s Race to Zero commitment to promote the importance of sustainability.
Being part of the Bristol community is a massive part of the club’s identity and that’s shown in a variety of ways at our home stadium, Seat Unique Stadium. Gloucestershire Cricket wants to ensure that, by connecting with more people than ever before, we are representing the large and diverse community we are so lucky to be a part of.