VACANCIES. We are currently recruiting for three vacancies.
We have a new opportunity to join and lead the team at BS7 Gym as the Commercial and Operations Manager.
BS7 Gym is located just off Gloucester Road, at the Brightside Ground, Bristol. The home to First Class County, Gloucestershire Cricket.
The gym provides a high quality exercise facility for the community alongside Gloucestershire Cricket professionals.
You will be responsible for the BS7 Gym and Sports Hall as a profit centre in its own right and to maximise and manage profitably income in all areas. Your team will deliver an outstanding service to members as well as ensuring all business objectives are achieved. You will develop and manage a highly motivated team of fitness professionals.
As our Commercial and Operations Manager, you will need a broad range of business management skills including:-
• Qualified to REPs L3 Personal Trainer and a Group Fitness Qualifications.
• A minimum of 2 years proven management experience within the Fitness Industry and leading a team to deliver key objectives.
• Excellent financial management credentials
• First class management skills
• Business development experience
• Previous leisure and sports club based experience would be useful but is not essential
• Proven ability of your success in connecting with customers and exceeding the targets set for you.
• A commitment to success and excellence.
• Experience in team and individual performance management and succession planning.
• Good listening and communication skills
• Ability to create links with local business and community.
• Exceptional Personal Organization skills and time management.
• Computer literate, previous experience in the use of Microsoft Office, competent in the use of Excel and Word.
SALARY : Competitive
START DATE : Immediate
For a full job description or to apply, please send a covering letter and CV to: Jane Chappell, HR and IT Manager, Gloucestershire County Cricket Club, The Brightside Ground, Nevil Road, Bristol BS7 9EJ or via email : email@example.com.
POSITION: Fitness Instructors / Personal Trainers
Full time positions available
REPORTS TO: Gym Manager
LOCATION : Nevil Road, Bristol
SALARY : £14,500 – £15,500 (based on experience)
START DATE : Immediate
• We have exciting opportunities to join our energetic and friendly team at BS7 Gym.
• BS7 Gym is located just off Gloucester Road, at the Brightside Ground, Bristol. The home to First Class County, Gloucestershire Cricket.
• The gym provides a high quality exercise facility for the community alongside Gloucestershire Cricket professionals.
• You must be REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals) level 2 or 3 qualified, or qualified to a similar level.
• We are looking for friendly, energetic, outgoing fitness professionals to join our growing team at BS7 Gym. A positive outlook and great team working skills are essential. You must be customer focused, and motivated to provide excellent advice and guidance to help members achieve their goals.
• Minimum of three years experience is required.
• Living within a commutable distance of Bristol.
For a full job description, or to apply, please send a covering letter and CV to: Jane Chappell, HR and IT Manager, Gloucestershire County Cricket Club, The Brightside Ground, Nevil Road, Bristol BS7 9EJ or via email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bristol Pavilion is the home to Gloucestershire County Cricket Club and is seeking an experienced deputy catering manager to join our catering team and to oversee the day to day running of the conference, events and cricket match day business of the venue.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to Matthew Thomas, Catering General Manager at email@example.com
Centerplate UK are one of the UK’s leading hospitality providers. We are currently looking to recruit a Deputy Manager for one of our impressive venues – The Bristol Pavilion – Gloucestershire County Cricket Club. Our ideal candidate will have a wealth of hospitality experience and be looking for a new challenge, in return we offer a competitive salary plus many benefits.
To ensure that all events are provided with the optimum level of equipment, services, product and staff, to ensure that the best possible standard of service is offered whilst effectively controlling costs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To implement consistent standards of operation in line with clients, company needs and expectations.
- Assist in ensuring that all detailed requirements for each event are given, and met to all departments to ensure the smooth running of all events.
- Ensure that all areas are set and prepared to meet with relevant requirements.
- Oversee and support all operations on a daily basis.
- Produce rosters for all business and issue for booking.
- Ensure adherence to company uniform standards across all areas.
- Arrange and attend operation meetings.
- Ensure that points open are effectively closed down and stock/cash variances controlled for business.
- Work with colleagues to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity of staff.
- To communicate with the client of each event and co-ordinate their requests in order that their requirements are met.
- To maintain and develop client communications.
- Strive in the achievement of exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensure that every customer is given a polite, friendly and personal service.
- Ensure that every opportunity is taken to ‘up sell’ to our customers.
- Demonstrate an upfront approach, ensuring optimum time is spent in customer service areas.
- To effectively maintain, manage and develop a core team and provide them with the information and tools with which to achieve their roles.
- Lead your team by communicating and motivating individuals effectively towards achievement of objectives.
- To ensure that the training of employees at all levels is implemented where appropriate, and recorded where necessary.
- Ensure that casual employees are thoroughly briefed and capable of expectations.
- To report on all unit casual staff expenditure and ensure company booking procedures are maintained against budget.
- Build a quality team of staff.
- To ensure that the standards and service are maintained at our excellent levels to encourage repeat business and gain new business through word of mouth.
- Develop new concepts within food and service to ensure Centerplate UK remains at the front for innovation.
- Consistently review food and service standards to ensure we remain competitive.
- To ensure all company financial and administrative systems are maintained and implemented in the unit.
- Optimize the profitability and the efficiency of the operation.
- To implement controls to ensure that savings are made where possible.
- Issue detailed rosters, staffing effectively whilst controlling costs in-line with budgeted payroll.
- To assist at Company’s Major Events / other Branches when able to do so.
- Attend training courses designed for personal development.
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.